- When is the best time to trim shrubs?
- How many hours is full sun?
- When do I treat for Grub control ?
- Can someone help me design my landscape?
- When do I trim my hydrangea ?
- How much mulch do I need?
- Can White Oak deliver and/or plant these plants?
- What Fertilizer should I use?
- When is the best time to fertilize trees and shrubs?
- When do you start vegetable seeds in the house?
- Can I apply weed preventer and grass seed at the same time?
- When should the Tree and Shrub Drench be applied?
- When should weed n feed be applied?
- When should I spray for Bagworms?
- When should I prune my Knock Out Rose bush?
- Why didn’t my hydrangea flower this year?
- When’s the best time to seed my lawn?
- When can I plant Perennials?
Shrubs that bloom in the early Spring (Lilac) should be trimmed as soon as they are finished blooming. General rule of thumb is to trim immediately following bloom. For plants that are evergreen the best time to trim is Spring or Late Fall (November).
The best time to apply grub control is in late May or June. The grubs are not active in early Spring.
Most hydrangeas should be trimmed in early Spring. You can prune them in the Fall, but it’s better to leave the branches on through the winter.
We have a mulch calculator on our website. You need to figure your square footage (length x width) and plug it in. There are many employees here at the store that can help as well.
We can deliver trees, shrubs, mulch, and topsoil. We also offer a planting service for a fee.
We recommend a granular fertilizer. Either Espoma Plant tone or Espoma Holly tone for evergreens.
The best time to fertilize is in Spring and Fall. The plants are more actively growing this time of year.
The best time to start seeds is in late March or early April. The days are getting longer and brighter.
Unfortunately if you apply weed preventer it will not allow the grass seed to germinate. Seed in the fall (September) and apply preventer in the Spring.
The Drench should be applied in early Spring for shrubs, small trees, and perennials. Mature trees(40-50ft tall) the drench can be applied in fall.
The best time to apply weed n feed is when the weeds are actively growing. Usually it is May or June here. But it can be applied later in the summer also.
The best time to spray for bagworms is in late May or June. The bagworms are very small and have not formed the “bag” yet so they are very vunerable to sprays.
The best time to prune a knockout rose is about mid March. Cut the stems back to about 12 -18 inches. That generally keeps the plant between 3 and 4 foot in the summer. If you would like them to grow taller, trim less off in March.
There are a few reasons why your hydrangeas may not flower/bloom. Firstly, if a late freeze happens in Spring, it may damage the stems and kill the possibility of blooming. There are also gardener errors that can cause a hydrangea not to bloom such as improper pruning or planting in the wrong zone. Our experts at our Garden Center can educate you on these errors to help correct them for next year!
September is the best times to seed a lawn. Seeding in the Fall can allow you to avoid the heat of summer, but the cooler nights combined with higher dew points of late Summer/Fall aid in better germination and root growth.