While the peaches are delicious to eat in hand, they are also perfect for cobblers, crumbles and pies.
To get you started, here is a Classic Peach Cobbler recipe, courtesy of MAGNOLIA TABLE.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
4 cups sliced peeled fresh peached
1 ¾ cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher ale
¾ cup whole milk
8 tablespoons (1stick) unsalted butter
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, and ¾ cup of the sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves, the juice thickens and the peaches are softened but still firm, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, the remaining 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk and mix until combined.
- Place the butter in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and set it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Take out the dish when the butter is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the dish on top of the melted butter. Spoon the peaches and juice over the batter and sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.